The right individual will have a strong technical background developing SaaS applications and will have successfully released products in the market.
This individual will also have demonstrated strong team leadership and core engineering skills (architecture, interface design, coding, documentation, testing, communication), as well as the ability to adapt to new technologies, languages and environments.Responsibilities
- Work as a team member within a highly collaborative environment.
- Design, write and deliver world-class code, abiding by high standards of testing, documentation, and maintainability.
- Design new front end architecture, balancing current needs and future growth, as well as engineering, product, and business goals.
- Participate in code and design reviews.
- Operate within our React app and GraphQL web APIs.
- Work with the product team to define and prototype new features.
- Improve development and operational efficiency through enhancements to our tooling.
- Participate in operating and running our services, including release management, monitoring, performance investigations and bug fixing.
- Engage in team growth activities, including interviewing, knowledge sharing, mentoring, and self-development.
- Participate in agile planning, estimation, prioritization, and bug tracking.
- Communicate plans and progress with relevant stakeholders, both technical and non-technical.
- Produce work that is scrappy yet principled, balancing detail, and speed.
- Engage with and help develop the Metricstory culture.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 5+ years experience in commercial software development.
- Significant experience developing in at least two modern general purpose programming languages, e.g., Java, C/C++, C#, Python, Go, Scala, etc.
- Demonstrated understanding of engineering best practices, and the ability to write production-ready code that is well-designed, tested, and clearly documented.
- Strong understanding and application of core CS concepts: object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms, problem solving, complexity analysis, asynchronous programming.
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement well-architected, scalable, multi-service systems.
- Significant experience taking software projects from requirements to design to production launch.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders (verbal and written).
- Demonstrated ability to produce quality work and reliably meet ambitious goals within a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working in at least one scripting language, e.g., Shell, Python, Perl, etc.
- Experience operating web services at scale, including configuration, release management, and monitoring.
- Experience working with large data and/or data flow and processing systems.
- Experience designing and working with both non-relational and relational databases.
- Experience mentoring junior engineers and promoting engineering best practices within the team.